Vegan Pineapple Fried Quinoa
A healthy dish and alternative to fried rice.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Tidbits in 100% Pineapple Juice
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Set quinoa aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut oil to a pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes and cook for about 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the peas, bell pepper, and pineapple, and cook over high-heat for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the pineapple just starts to caramelize.
- Add the cooked quinoa, cilantro, and salt. Mix well and cook for an additional minute. Serve hot.
- TIP: Quinoa may also be cooked ahead of time and stored in the fridge to cool.
Your Opinion Matters