Write a Review
Sweet treats that are so much fun to eat!
Calories per serving 290
Prep time 20 mins
Total time 32 mins
You will need
- 1 can (8 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple
- 1 pkg. (2 layer) PILLSBURY White or Pineapple Flavored Cake Mix
- 1 pkg. (3.0 oz.) lemon flavor gelatin
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons half and half or heavy cream
- 1 can (8 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Stir together pineapple with juice, cake mix, gelatin, eggs, water, and oil in large bowl. Spoon into muffin cups.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.25:00
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Drain pineapple slices and reserve juice. Beat butter until light and creamy in large bowl. Beat in powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons cream and 5 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice and pinch of salt. Beat until smooth. Add additional cream and pineapple juice to achieve desired consistency.
- Pipe frosting on cupcakes. Cut slices into quarters. Garnish cupcakes with pineapple quarters, if desired.
- Tip: Pillsbury Cream Cheese Frosting can be used in place of cream cheese frosting.
Your Opinion Matters