Mulled Wine with Mixed BerriesWrite a Review
Prep time 10 mins
Total time 60 mins
You will need
- 2 cups frozen DOLE® Mixed Berries
- 2 medium oranges
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 bottle (750mL) red wine
- Thaw mixed berries in a small bowl on the counter for half an hour. Slice 1 orange to use as garnish and set aside.
- Cut the other orange in half and squeeze the juice into a saucepan. Add water, sugar and cinnamon stick. Push 5 whole cloves into the outside of each orange half and add to the pan. Simmer over low heat until thick and syrupy, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in wine and heat for 3 to 5 more minutes until steaming, but not boiling. Remove orange peels and cinnamon stick and discard. Gently place thawed berries into the pan, and heat 1 additional minute. Remove from heat.
- Ladle into heat safe mugs and garnish with orange slices.
Your Opinion Matters