Grilled Pineapple Shortcake Sundaes
Write a Review
Enjoy these delicious grilled pineapple shortcake sundaes.
Calories per serving 820
Prep time 10 mins
Total time 10 mins
You will need
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Slices
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 prepared individual shortcakes
- 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserve juice. Heat grill to medium-low.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a heavy medium saucepan, over medium-low heat, stirring often. Place pineapple slices and shortcakes on separate baking sheets. Brush both sides of each with some butter mixture.
- Stir reserved pineapple juice, cream and cornstarch into butter mixture. Stir over medium-low heat, until bubbly and thickened. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
Grill shortcakes 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until light golden and crisp. Grill pineapple slices 5 to 9 minutes, turning once, until browned and hot.4:00
- To serve: Place shortcakes on dessert plates. Top each with a small scoop of ice cream and 2 pineapple slices. Spoon some warm sauce over each, sprinkle with coconut and serve immediately. Alternatively, spoon ice cream into a sundae glass and top with shortcake, pineapple, sauce, and coconut.
Your Opinion Matters