Grilled Pineapple and Jalapeno Mezcal Margarita
Grilled pineapple, jalapeno, and mezcal give this margarita an extra-smoky flavor with a bit of heat.
Prep time 5 mins
Total time 10 mins
You will need
1 can (8 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Slices, drained, reserve juice
1 small jalapeno pepper, sliced in half lengthwise, seeds removed
2-1/2 ounces tequila blanco
1 ounce mezcal
1 ounce agave nectar
1-1/2 ounces lime juice
- Grill pineapple slices and half of the jalapeno over medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side until grill marks appear.
- Add 3 pineapple slices and grilled jalapeno to a shaker.
- Muddle pineapple and jalapeno.
- Add reserved pineapple juice, tequila, mezcal, agave, and lime juice. Shake well.
- Strain over a salt-rimmed glass filled with ice. Garnish with remaining jalapeno and pineapple slice.
- NOTE: Reduce mezcal for a less smoky flavor.
Your Opinion Matters