Blueberry Cinnamon Muffins
Try a crowd pleasing warm muffin with nutritious blueberries!
Prep time 20 mins
Total time 35 mins
You will need
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 can (6 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Juice
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all‐purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup DOLE Frozen Blueberries, thawed and drained
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy in large bowl. Beat in egg, pineapple juice, orange peel and vanilla extract.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Stir into juice mixture with blueberries just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into (1/2‐cup) muffin cups sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack; serve warm.
- Substitution Tips: Replace egg with 1/4 cup egg substitute and replace up to 1 cup all‐purpose flour with whole wheat flour.
Your Opinion Matters