Black Bean Pineapple Taquitos
Write a Review
It's party time with these delicious taquitos!
Prep time 20 mins
Total time 40 mins
You will need
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Tidbits in 100% Pineapple Juice, drained with juice reserved
- 2 cans (14 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 20 6-inch corn tortillas (Recommendation: add extras in case they break)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Drain pineapple; reserve juice.
- Spray baking sheet with olive oil or avocado mist.
- Heat black beans, onion, pepper, garlic, chili powder, paprika, cumin, cayenne, lime juice, salt and pepper in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add pineapple and ½ cup reserved pineapple juice.
- Simmer uncovered. Stir occasionally for 10 to 15 minutes until the mixture starts to reduce and thicken. Set it aside to cool slightly.
- Warm or steam tortillas. (Recommendation: place tortilla on a microwave safe plate, cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 15-20 seconds.)
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of black bean pineapple mixture into the center of the tortilla. Roll and place seam-side down on the baking sheet. Repeat. (Recommendation: skewer taquitos with toothpicks to help hold them into place.)
- Spray or brush the outsides of the tortillas with oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until tortillas are golden and crunchy.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream for dipping. Enjoy any leftover bean and pineapple mixture as a dip with tortilla chips!
Your Opinion Matters