Beet Fennel and Mandarin Orange Salad
Write a Review
Spring mix of lettuce with fennel and beets.
Calories per serving 200
Prep time 20 mins
Total time 60 mins
You will need
- 2 bunches baby red or gold beets
- 1 (1/2 lb.) fennel bulb
- 1 pkg. (5 oz.) DOLE® Spring Mix
- 1 can (15 oz.) DOLE® Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 4 sprigs chopped fresh mint
- 2-3 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
Place beets in medium roasting pan, add water to cover bottom of pan; cover with foil. Roast 40 to 45 minutes or until beets are tender and can be pierced with a fork or knife.40:00
- Cool slightly; remove skin from beets and cut into wedges.
- Trim off fennel leaves and stalk; cut into very thin slices.
- Combine salad, mandarin oranges, mint, beets and fennel in large bowl. Pour dressing over salad; toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle cheese over salad.Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette: Whisk together 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard and 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Makes about 1/2 cup.
Your Opinion Matters