Vegan Southwestern Pineapple Black Bean Quinoa Bites
Vegan Southwestern quinoa bites that are perfect for entertaining.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, drained by pressing through a sieve, reserve juice
- 2-1/2 cups vegan shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup Vegenaise
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mash black beans with a fork in a large bowl.
- Add quinoa, pineapple, cheese, and taco seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoonful of mixture into each mini muffin cup, pressing down on mixture to pack. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Transfer pan to rack and cool completely.
- Unmold bites from pan and repeat baking step with remaining quinoa mixture.
- Combine vegenaise, 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice, and chipotle pepper in blender or food processor. Cover; blend until smooth.
- Serve bites at room temperature with dipping sauce.