Vegan Jackfruit Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
With jackfruit that looks and tastes like shredded pork, you'll never guess that this taco is vegan.
Calories per serving
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 can (14 oz.) young green jackfruit, drained
- 2 teaspoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Tidbits, drained, juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup Vegenaise
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 6 (5 to 6-inches) corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- Combine oil, taco seasoning, and jackfruit in medium saucepan over low-medium heat. Stir to coat jackfruit.
- Add tamari and stock to pot and cover. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Uncover pot and continue to simmer for 20 minutes until jackfruit is tender and liquid is reduced. Shred jackfruit with a fork.
- Combine pineapple, green onion, cilantro, avocado and lime juice in a small bowl. Stir, season to taste with salt. Set aside.
- Combine vegenaise, chipotle pepper, and 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice in blender. Cover; blend until smooth.
- Place jackfruit on each warm tortilla, top each with cabbage and salsa. Drizzle each taco with chipotle sauce.