By browsing Dole website, you consent to the use of some of these cookies.
Performance, Social Media and Advertising
These cookies are used to improve how our Website works and to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. They collect information about how users use our Website, for instance which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Social Media and Advertising
Our websites allow third parties to download cookies to your device. Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited the Website and this information may be shared with other organizations, e.g. advertisers. Deselecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
Social Media and Advertising
Vegan Chili Pineapple Sweet Potato Burgers
A delicious and zesty vegan burger.
Calories per serving
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 can (15.8 oz.) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 to 1 cup finely chopped kale, spinach, or parsley
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs, optional
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Slices, drained
- 6 whole grain hamburger buns
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast or any flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Scrub potato and pierce in several places with a sharp knife. Bake sweet potato for 40-60 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool and peel off skin.
- Combine potato and beans in a large mixing bowl. Using a large fork, mash well. Fold in onion and continue mashing.
- Add tahini, vinegar, garlic powder, chipotle powder, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, and chopped greens to potato mixture. Continue to mash well until thickened.
- Increase oven heat to 400°F. Heat a skillet over high heat and add 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Form bean mixture into large patties and place in skillet. If using panko bread crumbs, roll patties in panko to coat well.
- Cook 1-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Add more coconut oil to pan and repeat with all the mixture to yield 6 large patties or 10 small patties.
- Place the skillet-cooked patties on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Cook pineapple slices until golden, about 3 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Toast burger buns. Spread vegenaise on each bun, then top each with patty, lettuce, pineapple, tomato, and avocado. Serve warm.