Turkish Chicken with Spiced Dates
This is a quick easy meal to get dinner on the table fast when everyone is hungry.
Calories per serving
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 bag (8 oz) DOLE® Pitted Dates, chopped
- 8 dried apricot halves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apricot or peach fruit spread
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- fresh parsley sprigs
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Cook poultry over medium heat about 5 minutes on each side (less for turkey slices) or until poultry is no longer pink. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
- To the skillet, add broth, onion, dates and apricots. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cook until liquid is reduced by half (about 8-10 minutes).
- Stir apricot spread and cinnamon into sauce until blended; spoon over poultry. Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately with grilled root vegetables.