Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple
- 1 pkg (20 oz) ground chicken or turkey
- 2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 3/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced, divided
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1 egg(s), beaten
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp orange marmalade
- Drain 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, reserving remaining pineapple and juice for sauce.
- Combine ground turkey, rice, 1/2 cup drained pineapple, 1/2 cup green onions, 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, egg, ginger and nutmeg in large bowl, mixing well.
- Scoop mixture and gently roll into desired meatball size; place on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet with sides. Bake at 350º., 25 to 30 minutes or until meatballs are done.
- Meanwhile to make sauce, combine remaining pineapple and juice, 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce and orange marmalade in medium saucepan; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup green onions.
- Top cooked meatballs with sauce. Serve over hot cooked rice and additional green onions if desired.