By browsing Dole website, you consent to the use of some of these cookies.
Performance, Social Media and Advertising
These cookies are used to improve how our Website works and to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. They collect information about how users use our Website, for instance which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Social Media and Advertising
Our websites allow third parties to download cookies to your device. Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited the Website and this information may be shared with other organizations, e.g. advertisers. Deselecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
Social Media and Advertising
Tropical Macadamia Tart
This is a light refreshing dessert with a macadamia nut crust.
Calories per serving
- 2/3 cup dry roasted macadamia nuts
- 1 can (11 or 15 oz.) DOLE Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1-2/3 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 2 egg(s), lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup DOLE® Pineapple Juice, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) DOLE Tropical Fruit Salad, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch tart pan with a removable rim with cooking spray.
- Combine nuts and 1/4 cup sugar in food processor. Cover; blend until finely ground. Toss macadamia mixture with vanilla crumbs and 1/4 cup softened butter until well blended.
- Spoon half of crumb mixture onto bottom of pan near rim, pressing evenly up side. Spoon remaining crumb mixture onto bottom and press evenly over bottom, joining edges. Place crust on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until deeply golden. Cool on rack.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter in pieces, eggs and 1/4 cup pineapple juice in heavy saucepan, cook over low heat, 12 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently or until thickens and will coat the back of a spoon. Pour filling through sieve into a bowl. Cover; chill 1 hour.
- Spoon chilled filling evenly into crust. Arrange fruit evenly over crust.
- Combine 1/2 cup pineapple juice, 1 tablespoon sugar and cornstarch, in small saucepan cooking until sauce thickens. Spread over fruit tart. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.