Tropical Macadamia Tart
This is a light refreshing dessert with a macadamia nut crust.
Calories per serving
- 2/3 cup dry roasted macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1-2/3 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 2 egg(s), lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup DOLE® Pineapple Juice, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) DOLE Tropical Fruit Salad, drained
- 1 can (11 or 15 oz.) DOLE Mandarin Oranges, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch tart pan with a removable rim with cooking spray.
- Combine nuts and 1/4 cup sugar in food processor. Cover; blend until finely ground. Toss macadamia mixture with vanilla crumbs and 1/4 cup softened butter until well blended.
- Spoon half of crumb mixture onto bottom of pan near rim, pressing evenly up side. Spoon remaining crumb mixture onto bottom and press evenly over bottom, joining edges. Place crust on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until deeply golden. Cool on rack.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter in pieces, eggs and 1/4 cup pineapple juice in heavy saucepan, cook over low heat, 12 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently or until thickens and will coat the back of a spoon. Pour filling through sieve into a bowl. Cover; chill 1 hour.
- Spoon chilled filling evenly into crust. Arrange fruit evenly over crust.
- Combine 1/2 cup pineapple juice, 1 tablespoon sugar and cornstarch, in small saucepan cooking until sauce thickens. Spread over fruit tart. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.