Tropical Fruit Turnovers
Try these fruit filled empanadas
Calories per serving
- 1 cup DOLE® Tropical Fruit
- 2 cups (16 oz.) DAISY® Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pkg. (17.3 oz. each) puff pastry sheets
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Drain tropical fruit; lightly chop fruit and add to medium bowl.
- Combine cottage cheese, sugar, ginger and cinnamon in mixing bowl with tropical fruit. Mix until well combined; set aside.
- Roll out thawed puff pastry sheets. Cut out round using a 3 inch pastry cutter. Spoon 1 teaspoon of cottage cheese mixture on bottom half of pastry rounds; brush half dough with egg wash. Seal pastry to half circle and using scissors, cut a vent on top of pastry. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool on wire racks.