By browsing Dole website, you consent to the use of some of these cookies.
Performance, Social Media and Advertising
These cookies are used to improve how our Website works and to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. They collect information about how users use our Website, for instance which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Social Media and Advertising
Our websites allow third parties to download cookies to your device. Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited the Website and this information may be shared with other organizations, e.g. advertisers. Deselecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
Social Media and Advertising
Tropical Breeze Banana Bread Panini with Pineapple Ginger Cream Cheese Filling
A fresh twist on the classic Italian sandwich.
Calories per serving
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp finely chopped crystallized ginger, divided
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp butter, softened, divided
- 1 egg(s)
- 3 DOLE® Banana(s)
- 2 cans (8 oz each) DOLE Crushed Pineapple, drained, divided
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine flour, 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and 1/2 cup butter until light and fluffy in large bowl. Beat in egg, mashed bananas and 1/2 cup drained pineapple. Stir in flour mixture,mixing just until blended. Spoon batter into 8x4-inch loaf pan, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut loaf with serrated knife into 12 slices, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Stir together cream cheese, remaining pineapple and remaining 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger. Preheat Panini press or grill pan. To make each sandwich, spread one slice bread with about 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture; top with second slice. Lightly spread about 1/2 teaspoon butter on each side of sandwich.
- Grill on Panini press 45 to 60 seconds or until lightly browned. Cook 45 to 60 seconds on each side if using grill pan.
Note: Tropical Banana Bread can be baked the day before and sandwiches grilled for breakfast the next day.