Tofu and Pineapple Fried Rice
A tasty vegetarian fried rice dish.
Calories per serving
- 2 cups MINUTE® White or Brown Rice, uncooked
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks, drained
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup KIKKOMAN® Teriyaki Sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons KIKKOMAN Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Preheat broiler and line a 13 x 9-inch baking sheet with foil; spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange tofu in a single layer on prepared pan; season to taste with salt and pepper. Broil 14 minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Combine 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce and soy sauce; set aside. Toss tofu in small bowl with remaining 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce.
- Heat oil in large nonstick wok or skillet, over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté briefly, taking care not to burn. Add rice, season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir-fry 5 minutes or until starting to brown. Add red bell pepper, pineapple chunks and stir fry 2 minutes more. Add peas and carrots and reserved teriyaki soy mixture, continue to stir fry until mixture is hot and liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes. Stir in tofu. Garnish with chopped green onion, if desired.