Toasted Pecan Pineapple Sauce
The perfect Pineapple Pecan sauce for any desert
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon (optional) orange peel, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup coconut, flaked and toasted
- Drain pineapple; reserve 1/2 cup juice.
- Stir together orange juice, reserve juice, cornstarch, sugar, ginger and orange peel. Stir in pineapple chunks. Cook, until sauce begins to boil and thickens slightly.
- Stir in pecans and coconut. Serve over ice cream, angel food cake or pound cake.