Szechuan Style Pineapple and Beef
A delicious and spicy main dish.
Calories per serving
- 2 cups MINUTE® White or Brown Rice, uncooked
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks
- 1-1/2 tablespoons KIKKOMAN® Black Bean Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon KIKKOMAN Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons KIKKOMAN Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound thin steaks, cut into short strips
- 2 cups (about 4 oz.) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup (about 3 onions) green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Drain pineapple chunks reserving 1/2 cup juice.
- Combine reserved juice, black bean sauce, soy sauce, sriracha and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook steak 3 to 5 minutes or until begins to brown. Remove steak from pan and add remaining oil and mushrooms; cook 4 minutes or until mushrooms begin to release liquid, stirring occasionally. Stir in carrots; cook 1 minute. Add black bean sauce mixture; cook 30 seconds or until sauce begins to thicken. Return steak to pan, add onions and pineapple chunks, and cook until heated through. Remove from heat; sprinkle with peanuts. Serve over rice.