Sweet n Spicy Tropical Glazed Meatballs
Great for the grill and your party!
Calories per serving
- 2 containers (4 oz. each) DOLE® Fruit Bowls® Tropical Fruit, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime ponzu sauce
- 1 tablespoon KIKKOMAN® Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- 1 teaspoon, divided garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (8 oz.) DOLE Pineapple Slices
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg(s)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat with lid closed. Drain pineapple ; reserve pineapple juice.
- Combine tropical fruit, water, sugar, Ponzu sauce, Sriracha sauce, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, ginger and reserved pineapple juice in food processor or blender. Cover; blend until smooth. Pour into fireproof sauce pan and place on grill. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer.
- Combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, cilantro, salt, onion powder and pepper in large mixing bowl. Gently blend mixture and form into 20 meatballs. Thread meatballs onto skewers leaving a small space between each meatball.
- Brush grill with oil and place skewers on grill rack, cooking each side for 2 minutes or until sides are browned. Remove meatballs from skewers and add to sauce pan. Gently stir to coat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- Grill pineapple slices 5 to 7 minutes each side or until slightly charred while meatballs are simmering.
- Cut each pineapple slice into 5 pieces. Spear one pineapple chunk and meatball on a cocktail skewer. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.