Sweet and Sour Fish
A simple sweet and sour fish entree.
Calories per serving
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks
- 4 (about 4 oz. each) tilapia fillet(s)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 medium DOLE Onion, chunked
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 large DOLE Carrot(s), thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 large red or green bell peppers, cut into 1" cubes
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons less sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Drain juice from one pineapple can; reserve juice from second can.
- Brown fish fillets on both sides in hot oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high-heat, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat; keep warm. In same skillet cook onion and garlic, 5 minutes. Add carrot and bell pepper; cook, stirring 5 minutes longer. Add pineapple and juice.
- Combine vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, corn starch and ginger in small bowl.
- Stir into vegetable mixture in skillet; cook stirring until thickened. Serve over fish fillets and hot cooked rice. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.