Strawberry Walnut Breakfast Bread
Delicious breakfast bread with strawberries, walnuts, spices and orange liqueur.
Calories per serving
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups frozen DOLE® Strawberries, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur or lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, sugar, walnuts, baking soda, salt and spices in medium mixing bowl. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, strawberries, oil and orange liqueur.
- Stir strawberry mixture into the flour mixture until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cover with foil during the last 20 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning. Remove foil and cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan; continue to cool completely.
- Note: For best flavor, wrap cooled bread with plastic wrap and let sit overnight before slicing.