Spicy Oriental Stir Fry
A spicy stir fry combining vegetables and pineapple served over hot cooked rice.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup* red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup* snow peas
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 cup DOLE Green Onions, sliced
- hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple; reserve 2 tablespoons juice.
- Stir together ketchup, reserved juice, sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce in bowl; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil, over medium-high heat in large skillet or wok. Add bell pepper; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add snow peas, cook 2 minutes more or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Remove vegetables from pan.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet, add chicken. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in reserved sauce, pineapple chunks, green onions and vegetables; heat until hot. Serve over rice.
- *TIP: Substitute 1/2 package (16 oz.) frozen Oriental vegetable medley for bell peppers and snow peas, if desired. Add frozen vegetables in step 3 above, cook 3 to 4 minutes. Proceed as above.