Calories per serving
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 piece (2-inches) fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (1-1/2) pound butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 cups DOLE® Pineapple Juice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally until just tender. Stir in ginger, garlic, cinnamon and curry powder, cook 3 to 4 minutes longer. Add squash, pineapple juice and water. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 30 to 40 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Pour half of squash mixture into blender or food processor. Cover; blend until smooth. Repeat with remaining mixture. Pour into saucepan; stir in cream, salt and pepper, heat until hot.