Soft Serve Banana Berry Blizzard
This recipe can be made with frozen mixed berries, cherries or blueberries with bananas.
Calories per serving
- 4 ripe DOLE® Bananas, peeled
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, divided
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, divided
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) frozen DOLE Mixed Berries
- Place peeled bananas in freezer for 2 hours or up to 4 hours before serving.
- Cut frozen bananas into 1/2-inch chunks. Combine 1/4 cup buttermilk, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice in blender or food processor container. Cover; blend until smooth.
- Drop one half banana chunks through hole in lid of blender or food processor tube, with machine running, until blended. Add half the fruit pieces, a few at a time, and process until mixture is slushy, stopping machine occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl. Transfer mixture to chilled bowl.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients (adding more sugar if desired to taste) to make a second batch. Add to remaining mixture in bowl and stir together. If preparing ahead, cover mixture and freeze immediately for up to 2 hours before serving.