Simply Good Cobbler
A mix of pineapple and apple make this a twist on a traditional cobbler recipe.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks, drained, juice reserved
- 3 medium Gala or Fuji Apples, peeled, cored and chunked
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup plus one tablespoon packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Combine pineapple chunks, 1/2 cup reserved juice, and apples in medium bowl. Stir in cornstarch, lemon peel, cranberries and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Continue to stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Combine flour, oats, 1/3 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. With a fork, blend in margarine until crumbly.
- Pour pineapple mixture into 8-inch square baking dish; sprinkle dried cranberries over top. Sprinkle oat topping over fruit.
- Bake at 350ºF for 60 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Cool slightly before serving.