Shrimp Salad with Red Bell Pepper and Lime Vinaigrette
Refreshing Lime Vinaigrette over shrimp and hot cooked rice.
Calories per serving
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fat-free Italian salad dressing, divided
- 3 teaspoons Jamaican or other jerk seasoning, divided
- 2 grated lime peels, reserve limes and cut halves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice, quinoa or bulgur
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) DOLE® Tropical Fruit, drained
- 1 cup red bell pepper(s), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup DOLE Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh DOLE Cilantro, chopped
- Combine 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing and 2 teaspoons jerk seasoning in bowl. Add shrimp and mix well. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Heat grill pan over medium heat. Place lime halves, cut-side down, on grill. Cook until lightly charred, about 5 minutes.
- Remove limes, cool and juice; set juice aside. Coat grill pan with vegetable cooking spray. Grill shrimp until pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. (Grill shrimp in two batches, if necessary) Combine lime juice, lime peel, honey and remaining 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning in small bowl
- Whisk in remaining 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing. Combine rice, tropical fruit, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, and shrimp in large bowl. Pour lime dressing mixtures over and gently toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes to blend flavors.