By browsing Dole website, you consent to the use of some of these cookies.
Performance, Social Media and Advertising
These cookies are used to improve how our Website works and to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. They collect information about how users use our Website, for instance which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Social Media and Advertising
Our websites allow third parties to download cookies to your device. Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited the Website and this information may be shared with other organizations, e.g. advertisers. Deselecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
Social Media and Advertising
Calories per serving
- 1-1/4 cups long grain rice
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 to 2 fresh serrano chiles, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 can (8 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 2 inch long piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Rinse rice several times in cold water, in large bowl until water is clear. Drain in colander.
- Combine 1-2/3 cups water, rice, ginger and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large sauce pan over medium-high heat to boiling. Reduce heat, cook, covered for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat; let stand covered for 5 minutes. Stir in crushed pineapple, basil and mint. Keep warm.
- Place onion and ginger in food processor container; cover and pulse until finely chopped.
- Cook onion mixture, remaining salt and sugar in hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until onion begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in curry powder and chiles, cook, stirring frequently about 2 minutes. Stir in broth, coconut milk and lime juice, simmer for 5 to 8 minutes stirring occasionally until thickened
- Stir in shrimp and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Serve shrimp curry with a scoop of rice. Garnish rice with broiled or grilled pineapple slice, if desired.