Shrimp Curry with Pineapple Ginger Rice
Flavorful served with curry flavored shrimp
Calories per serving
- 1-1/4 cups long grain rice
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 can (8 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 2 inch long piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 to 2 fresh serrano chiles, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 pound medium to large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Rinse rice several times in cold water, in large bowl until water is clear. Drain in colander.
- Combine 1-2/3 cups water, rice, ginger and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large sauce pan over medium-high heat to boiling. Reduce heat, cook, covered for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat; let stand covered for 5 minutes. Stir in crushed pineapple, basil and mint. Keep warm.
- Place onion and ginger in food processor container; cover and pulse until finely chopped.
- Cook onion mixture, remaining salt and sugar in hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until onion begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in curry powder and chiles, cook, stirring frequently about 2 minutes. Stir in broth, coconut milk and lime juice, simmer for 5 to 8 minutes stirring occasionally until thickened
- Stir in shrimp and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Serve shrimp curry with a scoop of rice. Garnish rice with broiled or grilled pineapple slice, if desired.