Roasted Veggies and Pineapple Quesadilla
A great vegetarian quesadilla.
Calories per serving
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 Japanese eggplant, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 2-1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can (8 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, well drained
- 5 medium size whole wheat flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Combine vegetables in a large bowl and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss well to coat. Spread vegetables on sheet pan and season with salt and pepper. Roast 20 minutes.
- Divide vegetables, pineapple, and cheese between torillas. Fold quesadillas in half.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. Place quesadilla in pan, and cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, or until browned. Flip and cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes or until browned. Repeat with remaining 4 quesadillas.
- Slice, garnish with cilantro, and serve.