By browsing Dole website, you consent to the use of some of these cookies.
Performance, Social Media and Advertising
These cookies are used to improve how our Website works and to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. They collect information about how users use our Website, for instance which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Social Media and Advertising
Our websites allow third parties to download cookies to your device. Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited the Website and this information may be shared with other organizations, e.g. advertisers. Deselecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
Social Media and Advertising
Calories per serving
- 2 cans (20 oz. each) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, drained, reserve juice
- 1 cup margarine, divided
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped DOLE Celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 cup sliced DOLE Green Onions
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) corn bread stuffing mix
- 1 (12 to 16-pound) frozen turkey, thawed
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Drain pineapple; reserving 1-1/2 cups juice
- Melt 1/2 cup margarine over medium-high heat in 4-quart saucepan. Add walnuts, celery and thyme; cook, stir until celery is tender-crisp. Stir in green onions, pineapple and 1/2 cup reserved juice. (If moister stuffing is desired, add another 1/2 cup reserved juice.) Remove from heat; toss in corn bread. Set side.
- Remove innards from turkey; rinse turkey and pat dry. With turkey breast facing up; lightly stuff neck and body cavities of turkey.* (Do not over-stuff turkey; stuffing will expand while cooking. Pull skin together over cavities; use skewers to close.
- Turn and bend wings downward, so tips of wings are positioned under the body. Place long piece of string underneath tail; cross over top of tail and wrap around drumsticks. Tie string together so drumsticks are drawn closer to turkey. Place turkey, breast side up, onto wire rack in large baking pan. Set aside.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup margarine. Stir in 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice. Brush turkey with 1/4 mixture. Bake 4 to 5 hours or until meat thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°F, brushing occasionally with remaining pineapple mixture and pan drippings. If turkey starts to brown too quickly, cover loosely with foil.
- *Bake any leftover stuffing in casserole dish, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Tip: to make stuffing without turkey, prepare stuffing as directed above except place stuffing in 3-quart casserole dish. Cover and bake at 325°F, for 30 minutes. Uncover, bake 10 minutes longer.