Roasted Tomatillo Mango and Pineapple Salsa
A spicy salsa with tomatillo, mango and pineapple.
Calories per serving
- 8 ounces fresh tomatillos
- 2-3 red Fresno chilies*
- 1 garlic clove, unpeeled
- 1 pouch (8 oz.) frozen DOLE® Diced Pineapple and Mango
- 2 green onions, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, lightly packed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Remove husks from tomatillos and rinse under warm water. Place on broiler pan with chilies and garlic. Broil about 2 inches from the heat, turning once and broil until slightly charred, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add mango, pineapple, green onions, cilantro and salt. Cover; blend just until chunky in texture.
- Serve as a dip with tortilla chips.
*Note: Three sweet mini red peppers and two red jalapeno peppers can be substituted for the Fresno chilies.
- Peel garlic. Cut tomatillos in half. Cut off tops and remove seeds from chilies. Place in food processor or blender container.