Roasted Carrots and Pineapple with Warm Brown Butter Sage Vinaigrette
This is a lovely vegetable side dish.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Tidbits or Chunks
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally 1/4-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 ounces baby kale mixed greens
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Drain pineapple; reserve 1 tablespoon juice.
- Combine pineapple, carrots, and olive oil in medium bowl; toss to coat. Spread carrot mixture in single layer on baking sheet. Roast 20 minutes, stirring carrot mixture. Continue roasting 20 minutes more or until carrots and pineapples are tender and golden.
- Transfer carrots and pineapple to serving bowl and toss with baby kale and hazelnuts.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over low heat in small sauce pan, cook swirling pan occasionally, until butter has browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Add garlic, mustard, vinegar, sage, pineapple juice, and salt and pepper to sauce pan. Whisk to combine.
- Heat vinaigrette to simmer, cook, stirring, 1 minute. Pour hot dressing over vegetable mixture; toss to combine. Serve immediately.