Red Velvet Cake with Pineapple
A moist and delicious red velvet cake with a cream cheese buttercream frosting.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple
- 1 box (2-layer) red velvet cake mix
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 (9-inch) cake pans with cooking spray.
- Drain pineapple. Measure 1/2 cup crushed pineapple; set aside for topping.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; beat 2 minutes. Fold in remaining crushed pineapple.
- Pour cake batter into prepared cake pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan onto wire rack; cool completely.
- Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar in 1/2 cup additions, until fluffy. Add vanilla and lemon juice, and beat until incorporated. Frost completely cooled cake and garnish with 1/2 cup reserved crushed pineapple.