Polynesian Meatballs with Pineapple and Mango
The combination of pineapple and mango gives these meatballs a Polynesian feel.
Calories per serving
- 1 pkg. (20 oz.) ground turkey
- 2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 1-3/4 cups frozen DOLE® Diced Pineapple and Mango
- 3/4 cup DOLE Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup DOLE Pineapple Juice
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine ground turkey, 2 cups rice, 1/2 cup diced pineapple and mango, 1/2 cup green onions, 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, egg, ginger and nutmeg in large bowl, mixing well.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup turkey mixture and gently roll into desired meatball size; place on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet with sides. Repeat with remaining mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile to make sauce, combine remaining diced pineapple and mango, pineapple juice, 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce and orange marmalade in medium saucepan; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup green onions.
- Top meatballs with sauce. Serve over additional cooked rice and green onions, if desired.