Pineapple Upside Down Cake with Homemade Dole Whip
A fun dessert that's perfect for entertaining.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, drained, reserve juice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 box (2-layer) yellow cake mix
- 5 cups frozen DOLE® Tropical Gold® Pineapple Chunks
- 2 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Combine pineapple, butter, and brown sugar in a saucepan set over medium heat. Cook until sugar is melted and pineapple is deep golden color, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon cherries evenly between 24 muffin molds sprayed with nonstick spray. Top with pineapple mixture.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, replacing water with reserved juice. Pour batter evenly over pineapple.
- Bake 18 min. or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes in pan before unmolding cakes. Unmold by running a sharp knife around edge of molds. Invert pan onto a platter or baking sheet.
- Combine frozen pineapple, banana, almond milk, and honey in food processor. Cover; process until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Serve cake topped with a scoop of homemade Dole Whip.