Pineapple Upside Down Baked Cake Donuts
Pineapple upside cake in donut form.
Calories per serving
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, drained, reserve juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine butter and brown sugar in a small bowl. Stir until blended. Divide mixture evenly between 18 donut baking pan molds.
- Remove 1-1/4 cups pineapple and spoon evenly into each donut mold. Spoon cherries into each donut mold, spreading evenly.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to blend.
- Combine eggs, oil, milk, ¼ cup reserved juice, and vanilla in a small bowl. Whisk to blend.
- Stir wet mixture into dry mixture, stirring just to combine.
- Spoon batter over pineapple in donut molds. Bake for about 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the donut comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the donut comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.