Pineapple Tidbits Warm Salmon Salad
Pineapple Tidbits Warm Salmon Salad created by Dole Blogger Ambassador Ally Phillips.
Calories per serving
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons prepared basil pesto or basil paste
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Tidbits, drained, juice reserved
- 2 pouches (5 oz. each) boneless skinless salmon or chicken breast
- 1-3/4 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1-3/4 teaspoons coarse ground pepper, divided
- 2 cups celery, with green leaves, sliced
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 3/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped/crushed
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, basil pesto and 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice in a small bowl. Whisk together.
- Add salmon or chicken to a large mixing bowl. Use a fork to flake meat. Add the salt, pepper, pineapple, celery, onions, and almonds. Toss and blend. Add mayonnaise mixture and gently toss and blend. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve chilled.
- TIP: Freshly cooked salmon or shredded rotisserie chicken may also be used.