Pineapple Spice Scones
Sweet and fruity spiced scones.
Calories per serving
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp sugar, divided
- 2-1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 can (8 oz) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, undrained
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- milk or cream
- 1/2 tsp almonds, finely chopped
- Combine flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make well in center. Stir in undrained pineapple and vanilla until dry ingredients are just moistened and forms ball.
- Knead dough gently 10 to 12 times on a lightly floured surface. Pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place on baking sheet, sprayed with cooking spray. Brush tops with milk or cream.
- Combine almonds, remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over tops of scones. Bake at 400° F., 12 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.