Pineapple Rum Cake
A delicious rum-soaked cake studded with pineapple tidbits.
Calories per serving
- 1 cup plus 5 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Tidbits, drained, reserve juice
- 2/3 cup gold rum
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour 12-cup bundt pan.
- Cream butter until fluffy in mixer. Gradually add 2 cups sugar to butter and beat on medium speed for 5 minutes until sugar is incorporated. Continue to blend and add eggs one at a time.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to butter until fully incorporated.
- Pour 1/3 batter into prepared pan. Spread pineapple on top, then spread another 1/3 batter. Repeat. Bake 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Combine remaining 5 tablespoons butter and ¼ cup sugar in a small saucepan. Heat until butter and sugar melts, stirring often. Remove from heat and add 1/3 cup reserved pineapple juice and rum.
- Let cake cool 15 minutes in pan. Poke holes in cake with skewer at ½-inch intervals while still hot and in pan. Pour rum mixture over cake (NOTE: if soaking mixture begins to pool, poke additional holes). Allow to cool in pan 1 hour, then flip cake upside down onto serving platter; remove pan.