Pineapple Red Velvet Cake
A fruity twist on classic red velvet cake.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple
- 1 box (2 layer) red velvet cake mix
- 1 pkg. (4 serving size) JELL-O® Instant Vanilla or White Chocolate Pudding
- 1 cup lowfat milk, cold
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP® Whipped Topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 F; spray 2 (9-inch) cake pans with cooking spray.
- Drain pineapple. Measure 1/2 cup crushed pineapple; set aside for topping.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; beat 2 minutes. Fold in remaining crushed pineapple.
- Pour cake mix into prepared cake pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan onto wire rack; cool completely.
- Stir together pudding and cold milk until smooth, about 2 minutes; fold in thawed whipped topping. Frost completely cooled cake and garnish with 1/2 cup reserved crushed pineapple.