Pineapple Poke Cake
Delicious pineapple poke bundt cake.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple
- 1 box (2 layer) yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg. (4 serving size) JELL-O® Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 4 egg(s)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 vanilla bean pod, split in half
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- Confectioners Glaze (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 12-cup bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Drain pineapple; measure 3/4 cup juice to use with cake mix. Reserve remaining juice for soaking mixture.
- Beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil and 3/4 cup pineapple juice in large bowl with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Scrape half vanilla bean pod; combine with cake batter or mix 1 tablespoon vanilla extract into cake batter. Fold in crushed pineapple. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 38 to 42 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Combine remaining pineapple juice, powdered sugar and melted butter in a small bowl while cake is baking. Scrape other half of vanilla bean pod and mix with juice mixture or stir in remaining 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- Remove cake from oven and set on a wire rack. Poke holes in cake with skewer at ½-inch intervals while still hot and in pan. Pour soaking mixture over cake (NOTE: if soaking mixture begins to pool, poke additional holes). Allow to cool in pan 10 minutes, then flip cake upside down onto serving platter; remove pan. Cool completely then drizzle with glaze, if desired.
Confectioner’s Glaze: Combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon cold milk; whisk until completely combined. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to use.