Pineapple Orange Walnut Bread
Quick easy bread to make to serve for breakfast or brunch.
Calories per serving
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg(s)
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 can (8 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup DOLE Seedless or Golden Raisins
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, orange peel and orange juice. Alternately stir in one-third flour mixture and one-half undrained crushed pineapple until just blended, ending with flour. Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Pour batter into 9 x 5-inch long loaf pan sprayed with nonstick vegetable cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F., 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.