Pineapple Lime Bars
These creamy bars will remind you of key lime pie accented with pineapple.
Calories per serving
- 2-1/2 cups (approx. 8 oz.) vanilla cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Slices, drained and sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine cookie crumbs, butter, and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Mix well. Press into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 7 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine lime juice and gelatin in a small saucepan. Let stand for 5 minutes to allow gelatin to bloom. Heat over low heat and stir well to dissolve gelatin. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Combine condensed milk and lime mixture in bowl. Beat with hand mixer until thickened. Add cream cheese and continue to beat until smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping. Spread on top of cooled cookie crust.
- Place pineapple slices on top. Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.