Pineapple Custard Cake
A delicious pineapple cake with a creamy custard filling.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, drained, reserve juice
- 1 pkg. (2-layer) yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 pkg. (5 oz.) strawberry Greek yogurt (or other flavor)
- 2 teaspoons Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 (9-inch) cake pans with cooking spray and line bottom of pans with wax paper.
Combine cake mix, eggs, oil, reserved juice, and 1/4 cup water in large bowl. Mix with hand mixer for 2 minutes. Stir in one-half drained pineapple, until blended.
- Pour batter into cake pans and bake for 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Beat cream to stiff peaks. Fold in yogurt and reserved pineapple. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spread one half yogurt filling on top of first layer of cake. Place second cake layer on top. Spread the remaining filling on the top layer of cake and top with strawberries.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan onto wire rack; cool completely.