Pineapple Coconut Napoleons
Wonton wrappers with a cream cheese filling, served with a pineapple glaze.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Slices
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1/4 cup toasted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Drain pineapple slices; reserve 1/4 cup juice.
- Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Spray both sides of wonton wrappers with cooking spray then dredge in sugar-cinnamon mixture; place on baking sheet. Bake at 350ºF 3 minutes each side or until edges are golden brown; let cool.
- Beat cream cheese, cream of coconut and 2 tablespoons brown sugar in medium bowl until smooth. Stir in nuts; set aside 4 tablespoons cream cheese mixture. Dredge 8 pineapple slices in remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar. Cut remaining 2 pineapple slices into chunks.
- Cook pineapple slices in large nonstick skillet over high heat turning, until lightly browned on both sides; 30 to 60 seconds per side. Remove from pan. Add any remaining sugar and butter to pan and melt.
- Stir pineapple chunks and reserved juice into skillet. Heat to boiling and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Place one wonton wrapper on 4 dessert plates. Top each with pineapple slice and some of the glaze. Spoon 1/8 cream cheese mixture in center of slice. Repeat, layering once. Place remaining wonton wrapper on top; spoon reserved cream cheese mixture on top. Sprinkle with toasted coconut; spoon pineapple chunks around napoleons and serve.