Pineapple Chutney with Baked Cheese
A great appetizer to serve at parties with an assortment of crackers.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks
- 1/4 cup diced dried apricots
- 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup DOLE Golden Raisins
- 8 ounces brie, feta or goat cheese
- Canned Pineapple Chunks in Heavy Syrup
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray small baking dish with cooking spray. Drain pineapple; reserve 3/4 cup juice.
- Combine pineapple chunks and reserved pineapple juice in blender or food processor. Cover; blend until chunky.
- Pour pineapple mixture into medium saucepan with apricots, sugar, vinegar, ginger, coriander and salt. Heat to boiling; reduce heat simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in raisins and continue cooking 10 more minutes until thickened.
- Arrange cheese in prepared baking dish. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese softens. Serve warm pineapple chutney over cheese and serve with assorted crackers.