Pineapple Butterscotch Squares
Calories per serving
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, drained
- 1 cup (6 oz.) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, toasted
- (optional) powdered sugar
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl; set aside.
- Beat together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until blended. Stir in crushed pineapple. Stir in flour mixture, butterscotch chips and nuts until blended.
- Pour into 13 x 9-inch baking pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° F., 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Dust cooled cake with powdered sugar, if desired. Cut into squares.