Pineapple Butterscotch Spice Cake
This is a scrumptious butterscotch cake flavored with pineapple.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple
- 1 box (2 layer) spice cake mix
- 1 pkg. (4 serving size) JELL-O® Cook & Serve Butterscotch Pudding
- 3 egg(s)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP® Whipped Topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F; spray 2 (9-inch) cake pans with non-stick cooking spray. Drain pineapple; reserve 1/2 cup juice.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, reserved pineapple juice, eggs, and oil in a large bowl; beat 2 minutes. Fold in crushed pineapple.
- Pour cake mix into prepared cake pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan onto wire rack; cool completely.
- Beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth; stir in thawed whipped topping. Frost completely cooled cake. Garnish with chopped pecans and butterscotch chips, if desired.