Pineapple Buttermilk Cake
A fruity and light cake that's perfect for any occasion.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks, drained, juice reserved
- 3 egg whites
- 1 pkg. (2-layer) white cake mix
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray and line bottom with parchment or wax paper. Drain pineapple; reserve 1/2 cup juice.
Combine cake mix, eggs, 1/2 cup reserved juice, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla extract in large bowl. Mix with hand mixer for 2 minutes. Pour batter into pan. Place pineapple chunks on top of the batter. Reserve 1/4 cup pineapple chunks for garnish.
- Bake for 55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool cake on a wire rack.
- Remove springform ring from pan. Garnish with reserved pineapple chunks and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.