Pineapple Bran Muffins
Healthy brunch-time bran muffins.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (8 oz) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup DOLE Seedless or Golden Raisins (optional)
- 1 egg(s), lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp light or dark molasses
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Drain pineapple well; reserve 1/4 cup juice.
- Combine reserved juice, cereal and milk in large bowl. Let stand a few minutes to soften cereal. Stir in pineapple, raisins, egg, oil, and molasses.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add to pineapple mixture. Stir just to combine.
- Spoon batter in 6 (2/3-cup-sized) muffin cups, sprayed with nonstick vegetable cooking spray. Bake at 400°F., 18 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.